17. Serving in Medical Missions with No Regrets With Dr. Daniel Ruggles
Medical missions are a rewarding experience for the doctors working overseas.
In this episode, Kameron Helmuth is joined by Dr. Daniel Ruggles, a pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Peds Ortho. Dr. Daniel shares his experience during his medical missions, discussing the rewarding experience and what he wished he knew before entering the field.
- How he entered the medical industry
- The importance of providing adequate medical care in underserved countries
- When to jump into a medical mission
- How to start within in the industry
- And more
Connect With Dr. Daniel Ruggles:
Connect With Kameron Helmuth & Lauren Oschman:
- (877) 669-1126
- Vestia Advisors
- LinkedIn: Kameron Helmuth
- LinkedIn: Lauren Oschman
- LinkedIn: Vestia
- Facebook: Vestia
About Our Guest:
Dr. Daniel Ruggles joined the Peds Ortho team in 2018. He is board-certified; fellowship-trained in pediatric orthopedics and had additional training in limb lengthening and reconstruction. His previous work experience includes three years at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Before moving to Florida, he also spent four years of his career working for CURE International. He served as Medical Director of the CURE Hospital of the Dominican Republic and has worked and trained physicians in Haiti, the Philippines, and Zambia.