After a series about digital health in the APAC region, this is the first episode about healthcare and digital health in South America.
Speaker: Peruvian clinician and innovation Jhonatan Bringas Dimitriades, MD. Jhonatan is based in the Netherlands, work across continents as an MD and executive at various tech companies. We discussed healthcare digitalization in Peru,
- The state of healthcare digitalization in Peru and other countries in Latin America.
- Opportunities and challenges for startups working with public hospitals in Peru.
- The need for more education and training in artificial intelligence for healthcare professionals in Latin America.
- The potential for technology to address issues of access, high mortality rates, and other epidemiological issues in Peru and other countries in the region.
- The importance of validated data in understanding ethnicities and epidemiological components in Latin America.
Past episodes on South America: https://www.facesofdigitalhealth.com/blog/digitalheath-south-america