Are regulations and requirements preventing products, solutions, and treatments out of the hands of patients that really need them? Good providers want to improve patient care and try to use new products that can help, but they’re often restricted by the red tape in their own network. This, plus a culture amongst physicians that’s difficult to change, makes innovation in healthcare a massive challenge.
We sat down with Diana Hall, President and CEO of ActiveArmor, to learn more about her quest to breach the walls of the healthcare industry with her 3D printed casts. The 2022 Colorado Manufacturing Woman of the Year shares what inspired her to engineer a new and improved cast, the challenges she faces in getting the product to patients, and what steps to take to launch your innovative ideas.
Listen for more on:
- Advantages of 3D printed casts
- The 3 levels of the customer funnel
- Changing behavior by challenging the status quo
- The culture of physicians when it comes to MedTech innovation
- Conflicts of interest between decision makers in healthcare
Resources from this episode: