It’s high time you let yourself fail at something new – in fact, it could be the best thing you do for yourself in the coming year.
We all operate in two types of mindsets: fixed vs growth, as outlined in psychologist Carol Dweck’s landmark book “Mindset.” But mere surface knowledge of the daily tips, tricks, and techniques she popularized won’t revolutionize your career. In this episode, we’re replaying one of our most popular conversations about the power of mindset, and knowing where you sit when the going gets tough.
With the new year on the horizon, there’s no better time to revisit the issue with “problem territories,” and reset your mindset!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why being your hardest critic causes you to miss more opportunities
- How to acknowledge failure in a healthier, more constructive way
- The reason we often seek comfort in our own faulty assumptions in social situations
- Practical steps for replacing self-deprecation with constructive questioning
- Why “smart” kids often grow up to be risk-averse adults
Plus, we discuss the value of adopting what works – and discarding what doesn’t – from the mindsets of colleagues and competitors.
Resources from this episode: