Sponsored by TrackableMed
Imagine if the entertainment industry never took a disruptive leap to completely redesign tech products. Television sets would weigh 600 pounds and you’d get maybe 20 channels. Now pivot to medical devices. Most infusion pumps in the market today were designed in the 1980s and were successful. But there’s no initiative from big organizations to take a big leap towards redesign and improvement. Innovation is dying.
In this week’s episode, sponsored by TrackableMed, Jeffrey Carlisle, CEO of Pneuma Systems, joins us to share his perspective on innovation in MedTech. We also discuss how technology contributes to the shortage of nurses, the importance of understanding the customer’s experience, and one simple step everyone can take to invite innovation into their organization.
Tune in for more on:
- Innovation killing ideas
- The necessity for disruptive leaps in the industry
- The staff shortage in hospitals and the problems connected to it
- Providing whatever the customer needs
- The complexities of medical device in our modern healthcare system
Resources from this episode:
- Get the free MedTech Talk Tracks for Action
- Pneuma Systems
- We Love Innovation: So Long as It’s Nothing New
- The Goal by Eliiyahu Goldratt