Today’s special guest is Victor Echevarria! Victor is a Partner at Jackson Square Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm that invests in software businesses. A founder turned investor, his investments include 1upHealth, WELL Health, and Trust & Will.
Prior to joining JSV in 2018, Victor founded Remedy Labs, a healthcare fintech company focused on patient and payer billing accuracy. He was also a very early team member at TaskRabbit, where he ran marketing and business development, conceptualizing and launching the company’s B2B offering.
Topics we talk about today:
1) How did being an early leader at TaskRabbit change the way you think about operating startups?
2) Victor’s insane luck of graduating into two different recessions after finishing undergrad and B-school.
3) Why there’s “never a good time” to start a company.
4) What is interoperability and why now might finally be the time to achieve it.
5) Are SPACs worth the hype?
6) How start-up founders can hack hyper-personal growth
Want to support the podcast? You can buy us coffee here!
Do you listen to our podcast on Apple? Leave us a review, it helps us out a lot! Go here, click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”, then go to “Ratings and Reviews,” and click “Write a Review”
Want to learn even more about digital health? Sign up for our newsletter! You’ll get digital health news highlights, exclusive guest Q&As, and digital health job postings in your inbox every two weeks.
Check out our LinkedIn page, where we share digital health news and new episodes!
Connect with Nico via Twitter for Tweets about digital health news and startups.