Sponsored by TrackableMed
Did you know that sepsis is the leading cause of death, costs, and readmissions in hospitals nationwide? Additionally, the standard of care blood tests used to diagnose the infection in an average hospital is wrong 40% of the time. So, what’s being done to address this concerning data in the healthcare system?
We’re joined by Greg Bullington, CEO and Co-Founder of Magnolia Medical Technologies, to learn more about his mission to eliminate the misdiagnosis of sepsis. In the interview, Greg highlights the accuracy and immediacy of his team’s solution, which consistently reduces false positive sepsis tests by up to 90 percent. We also discuss how they’re moving away from gray areas of medicine, overcoming initial resistance in the market, and tactics to raise awareness and knowledge.
What we discuss in the episode:
- The 17-year journey to changing the standard of care
- Overcoming the obstacle of abstract value propositions
- The challenges that arise when relying on peer-review studies to drive demand
- The benefits of doing your customer’s homework for them
- Moving away from gray areas of medicine
Resources from this episode: