Dr. Arlen Meyers is an Emeritus Professor at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the president and CEO of the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs.
If you’re a physician looking to start your own business but don’t know how and where to start, then you’re in the right place. In this episode, we talk about Physician Entrepreneurship. We also discuss all things related to becoming a physician entrepreneur, talking and sharing tips that will help you build and start your dream business.
[00:01 – 03:38] Opening Segment
- We introduce the guest and topic for today
- Arlen talks about his background
- His career path to being a physician
[03:39 – 21:54] Physician Entrepreneurship
- Physician Entrepreneurship 101
- Arlen’s advice for physicians pursuing entrepreneurship
- Arlen gives an analogy between fishing and starting a business
- The most common issues physicians face in the entrepreneurial world
- Arlen talks about their mission at the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs (SOPE)
- The 3 Myths Physicians have to Address
- Intellectual properties and being an employee
[21:55 – 40:18] The Transition
- Interested in transitioning careers? Listen as Arlen talks about the fundamentals of starting your own brand!
- Questions to ask yourself
- Telling your story
- Building your personal brand
- Skills you should practice
- The mindset
- The difference between a Mentor, Coach, and a Sponsor
[40:19 – 43:30] Closing Segment
- Final words of wisdom
- Get in touch with Dr. Arlen. Links below.
“Examine the why first, the what, and then the how in that order.” – Arlen Meyers
“You got to put the right fly on the hook, and you got to keep throwing the hook in the water. If you don’t, you’re not gonna catch a fish.” – Arlen Meyers
“The skills you should practice are listen, learn, lead.” – Arlen Meyers
Learn more about becoming a Physician Entrepreneur at www.sopenet.org
Subscribed Yet? Now you can!
Subscribe to the Patient Convert Podcast and never miss a new episode!
What We Do
Check out our Healthcare Marketing Agency – Intrepy Healthcare Marketing
Check out our physician liaison training platform – Physician Liaison University
Leave a Rating & Review for Other Listeners!
I hope that you have found this episode and any others you have listened to to be helpful in your growth as a healthcare marketer or practice owner. Please consider leaving a review on one of the channels above.
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher as well.
Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thanks for listening. Kelley Knott