In this exciting three-part series we will hear from our advisors all about how to unravel the E/M guidelines and how to interpret areas of documentation. In this episode, we will look at how to interpret some key definitions in the MDM that affect a patient’s condition.
- The meaning of acute vs chronic
- Exacerbated conditions vs severe exacerbations
- Complicated vs uncomplicated conditions
There are many areas to dissect and you simply cannot do it without research, communication, and a good understanding of anatomy and disease processes. .
Let’s tune in to our advisors
- Email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit her website: https://www.sparkadvise.com
- Hear her speak at RevCycle Symposium and AAPC Healthcon
- Email Christine at email@example.com
- Visit her website: https://www.stirlingglobalsolutions.com/
- Hear her speak at RevCycle Symposium
- Email Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit her website: https://chcs.consulting/
- Follow Betty to a location near you: https://chcs.consulting/events/
- Email Sonal at email@example.com
- She is speaking @1pm EST on February 20 and 21, 2023 at Assent Global onAuditing in 2023
Part I: Focus on New E/M Standards in the Office/Outpatient Setting; andAuditing in 2023
Part II: Focus on New E/M Standards in the Inpatient Setting, respectively.
- She has a weekly Compliance & Auditing Tip for NAMAS® on 2/23/2023 titled,Dawning of a New Era: The Sun Rises on New E/M Standards in 2023 and Beyond.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/healthcrossroads/message