Why Dental Care Needs to be Better and How Wally Health is Reinventing The Dental Care Experience, with Tyler Burnett, CEO and Co-Founder Of Wally Health
Wally Health is the one-stop shop for oral care. Wally is reinventing the end-to-end dental care experience with personalized, accessible, and affordable dental products delivered to your front door. Consider Wally Health the Hims & Hers of dental care.
Tyler is a mission-driven entrepreneur who previously co-founded Western Canada’s largest private digital OOH media company (exit to Canada’s 3rd largest co). After receiving a dental treatment plan for 8 fillings, when he actually only needed one, he and his co-founders began building a solution to solve the current oral care crisis.
Topics we discuss today:
- Why proper oral care starts at home
- The Billion Dollar Market for Unnecessary tooth fillings
- Why is dental health so important?
- Differences between Canadian and US dental care.
- What does an “ideal” dental experience look like?
- What dental products should consumers avoid?
- As a B2C product, how do you get yourself in front of customers?
Shocking Facts about Dental Care:
- According to the CDC, an estimated 1 in 4 adults aged 20 – 44 have an untreated cavity. (Source)
- A study in 2011 found that an estimated fifty percent of Americans avoid going to the dentist out of fear or anxiety. (Source)
- In 2018, 42% of surveyed Americans don’t see a dentist as often as they would like (Source)
Want to support the podcast? You can buy us coffee here!
Do you listen to our podcast on Apple? Leave us a review, it helps us out a lot! Go here, click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”, then go to “Ratings and Reviews,” and click “Write a Review”
Want to learn even more about digital health? Sign up for our newsletter! You’ll get digital health news highlights, exclusive guest Q&As, and digital health job postings in your inbox every two weeks.
Check out our LinkedIn page, where we share digital health news and new episodes!
Connect with Nico via Twitter for Tweets about digital health news and startups.