It’s no secret surgeons don’t like being told what to do—so how do you get them to think that adopting a new approach was their idea? For a fresh perspective, we sat down with Dr. Betsy Grunch, a board-certified neurosurgeon who was recently named to Georgia Trend’s Top Doctors List for the third year in a row. Join us as Dr. Grunch shares why she’s glad to see the practice of “accosting [docs] at the scrub sink” fading, the real reasons why some of her colleagues shy away from paradigm-shifting procedures for SI joint pain, her ingenious use of social media, and the behaviors that separate cringeworthy reps from trustworthy partners.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to distinguish staunch nonbelievers from curious would-be converts
- How to tailor your approach to fit each surgeon’s unique style
- Why you need to understand which patient types irritate your customer the most
- The impact of presenting case studies on social media
Plus, we explore the importance of humanizing providers in your outreach.
Resources from this episode:
- Download the Behavior Change Blueprint
- Follow Dr. Grunch on IG
- Follow Dr. Grunch on FB
- Follow Dr. Grunch on TikTok