Sponsored by TrackableMed
Did you know that 40-60% of the average sales pipeline stalls out due to not moving forward? Author of The Challenger Sale Matt Dixon calls these no-decision losses. And they plague sales teams the world over, which is why he’s back with new research and a new book sharing what the best sellers do to overcome this problem.
Matt Dixon is the Founding Partner of DCM Insights, and co-author of four of the most important sales and customer experience books of the past twenty years, including The Challenger Sale and his latest book, The JOLT Effect: How High Performers Overcome Customer Indecision. In the interview, sponsored by TrackableMed, Matt breaks down concepts from his books, reveals how fear of failure is a sidekick to status quo bias, and how FOMO is a valuable sales tactic for some and a scare tactic for others. We also discuss the overwhelming number of sales lost to no decision and attempt to understand the reasons behind it.
In this episode, we also discuss:
- The 3 ways to revisit the status quo objection
- The Pain of Same vs The Pain of Change
- Error of Omission vs Error of Co-mission
- How FOMO tactics actually backfire in certain cases
- The two drivers of no-decision losses
- Shifting from a salesperson to a buyer’s agent
Resources from this episode:
- Get the free MedTech Talk Tracks for Action
- The Jolt Effect: How High Performers Overcome Customer Indecision
- The Challenger Sale